Click on a city below to jump to the listing, or scroll down to view all opportunities.
FD = Funeral Director E = Embalmer MGR = Manager AD = Administrative A = Apprentice or Intern
Chapel Manager, Zumbrota, MN
A career with a team of innovative funeral professionals at a family owned funeral home in southeastern Minnesota awaits. Mahn Family Funeral Home is looking for a Chapel Manager that is a Minnesota-licensed funeral director. Responsibilities would include all aspects of funeral service. Individual must be a self-motivated person, able to think independently without supervision, and contribute as a part a team. This position comes with competitive compensation based on experience, with a flexible schedule that includes an attractive on-call rotation consisting of one night a week and every other weekend, three-day weekends every other week, paid vacation, retirement plan, profit sharing, and health, life, and short/long term insurance and more. Position is located in Zumbrota, MN, which is conveniently located right on Hwy 52 only 20 miles from Rochester, Livability.com‘s No. 1-ranked city on the 2016 Top 100 Best Places to Live list, and 50 miles southeast of Minneapolis. A small town feel with opportunities to enjoy big city life just down the road.
Please send your resume to email@example.com or call 651-388-3343. Inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
Mahn Family Funeral Home
1475 Jefferson Dr, Zumbrota, MN 55992
Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer, DePere, WI
Ryan Funeral Home & Crematory, DePere, WI, has an opening for a licensed funeral director and embalmer. We are a family-owned and operated funeral home with an on-site crematory. Our call volume is around 250 per year. We are looking for a full-time funeral director that is community-oriented and has a strong work ethic. Only on-call one in three weekends. Primary responsibilities include removals, embalming, arrangements, cremation work, and funeral services.
Please contact us for further details at 920-336-3171 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ryan Funeral Home & Crematory
305 N. Tenth Street, De Pere, WI 54115
General Manager, Albuquerque, NM
French Funerals & Cremations, Albuquerque, NM, is looking for a General Manager that is passionate about the funeral industry and looking to join a company that is willing to push the traditional views of funeral service. The General Manager will oversee the funeral division with multiple locations helping improve operations, coach and develop team members all while continuing to focus on serving the families with excellence and integrity.
About Us: French Funerals & Cremations, Albuquerque’s largest and oldest family-owned funeral and cremation service, was founded by Chester T. French in 1907. Although 112 years old, we pride ourselves on being progressive and innovative in an industry that is quickly evolving to help serve our community for years to come. Our mission is to honor and remember EVERY life. Our employees truly make this mission a reality by their dedication to serve and supporting our values: respect, integrity and passion.
French Funerals & Cremations believes in fostering a healthy work environment and work-life balance. We strive to support our employees by providing a robust benefits packet, paid-time off, above-average salaries and a solid work schedule. French Funerals & Cremations has been honored to be recognized as a Top Workplace for the past three years.
Position Summary: The General Manager of the funeral division is primarily responsible for directing all funeral home branches for French Funerals & Cremations and direct all professional support and ancillary services in keeping with established standards and practices.
Candidates must be a licensed Funeral Director and have five to seven years of previous effective funeral director and management experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Management experience of multiple locations is ideal.
Candidates will also have experience in training, mentoring, coaching to enhance staff skills and promote their professional development.
Compensation is very competitive, and the benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Gym Membership, 401(k), Paid-Time Off and more.
For more details or to apply, please visit www.frenchfunerals.com/career-opportunities
French Funerals & Cremations
1111 University Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Funeral Service Intern, Richmond, VA
Joseph W. Bliley Company, Inc., Richmond, VA, is a family owned and operated business dedicated to serving our community by celebrating every life with honor and respect. We have three locations in the Richmond area. Our Associates are the heart and soul of the company. A caring and compassionate culture is essential in achieving our mission. Associates are provided with opportunities for growth and development; and you can expect to be recognized and rewarded for your accomplishments. Opportunities for advancement are provided.
A successful funeral service intern candidate will hold an associates’ degree in mortuary science or currently be working towards a degree in mortuary science. The candidate must also have a high degree of sensitivity, compassion, and caring for families experiencing a loss. Main responsibilities include:
- assisting licensed staff in the Care Center learning all aspects of the embalming process and related areas
- assisting the Funeral Director with gatherings, ceremonies and arrangement conferences and
- learning all aspects of the services we provide to families and their friends
Richmond, Virginia, is fantastic place to live. It is the site of world-class museums, a vibrant food scene, and a wide array of entertainment options from concerts and theater performances to family-friendly festivals. In addition to the bustling urban center, the Richmond metro area includes suburban areas in the counties of Chesterfield, Hanover and Henrico and rural areas in Goochland and Powhatan.
Apply today to work in a fantastic city for a family owned business that has been in existence since 1874. This is a full-time position. Base pay will be $14 per hour. Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Joseph W. Bliley Company, Inc.
3801 Augusta Avenue
Richmond, VA 23230
Funeral Director, Richmond, VA
Joseph W. Bliley Company, Inc., Richmond, VA, is seeking a Funeral Director. Bliley’s is a family-owned and operated business dedicated to serving our community by celebrating every life with honor and respect. We have three locations in the Richmond area. Our Associates are the heart and soul of the company. A caring and compassionate culture is essential in achieving our mission. Associates are provided with opportunities for growth and development, and you can expect to be recognized and rewarded for your accomplishments. Opportunities for advancement are provided.
A successful candidate will be a licensed funeral director who has a high degree of sensitivity, compassion and caring for families experiencing a loss. Main responsibilities include funeral planning with families, directing funeral/memorial services, and follow through with families to create a positive experience with our firm. We are known nationally as a leader for our approach to Ritualizing the Cremation experience for families, and it is expected for you to embrace this approach in serving our Community.
Richmond, Virginia, is a fantastic place to live. It is the site of world-class museums, a vibrant food scene and a wide array of entertainment options from concerts and theater performances to family-friendly festivals. In addition to the bustling urban center, the Richmond metro area includes suburban areas in the counties of Chesterfield, Hanover, and Henrico, and rural areas in Goochland and Powhatan.
Apply today to work in a fantastic city for a family-owned business that has been in existence since 1874. Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Joseph W. Bliley Company, Inc.
3801 Augusta Avenue
Richmond, VA 23230
Full-Time Licensed Embalmer/Funeral Director, Battle Creek, MI
Bachman Hebble Funeral Service Inc., Battle Creek, MI, is seeking a full-time, licensed Embalmer/Funeral Director. The major qualifications are to provide the highest quality services and products that can satisfy the needs of all client families and always strive to exceed the expectations of the families. The Funeral Director/Embalmer is responsible for creating a positive first impression whether over the phone, responding to a death call or at the funeral home. That person will follow tried and true company standards of courtesy while portraying grace and kind actions. The Funeral Director/ Embalmer must treat the deceased with the utmost reverence and dignity. Position includes on-call rotation hours that include evenings, weekends and holidays. He/She will be responsible for embalming and preparing of the deceased (dressing, cosmetology, casketing, fingernails and hair). This position interacts directly with client families during their time of need and is responsible for maintaining a premier level of client family satisfaction. This position is for a person who wants to live in the Battle Creek area.
- Michigan funeral director’s license
- Proficient in body preparations & casketing with an eye for detail.
- Schedule and coordinate funerals, burials, and cremations in a timely manner.
- The physical ability for occasional lifting, pushing and pulling with assistance, of objects up to approximately 400 pounds.
- Works on-call in rotation as assigned i.e. phone, face to face, at the hospital, hospice or residence.
- Initial transfers of deceased, embalms, dresses, cosmetology, caskets and prepares deceased following instructions from the family.
- Develop methods to collect funds at the time of arrangement conference. Maintain financial records, order merchandise and prepare accounts.
- Assist with displaying flower arrangements and plants.
- Respectful and safe handling of office equipment, autos, and physical building.
- Direct preparations and shipment of human remains for out-of-state burial.
- Discuss and negotiate funerals with clients and keep accurate records of pre-funded used arrangements.
The company conducts pre-employment drug screening and a background check and there is a 90-day probationary period.
- Clean driving and clean criminal record.
- Able to pass drug screening.
- Caring and compassionate demeanor.
Revolutionizing the funeral industry means blazing new trails, creating new ideas, developing strong relationships, preserving legacies and our history.
- Models and demonstrates a positive attitude, maintaining open and effective communication in a harassment-free work environment. Team player.
- Be prepared to present all services and merchandise options.
- Always be mindful to increase market share through participation in community events, groups and/or organizations. Develop community relationships as assigned by your supervisors.
- Carry out other projects/duties as assigned i.e. car washing, building/equipment repair, and gardening.
- Oversees each team member participating in services, ensuring that each member understands their individual role and is professionally representing the location.
- Meets with client families to listen, educate and arrange personalized funeral services and pre-need services, culminating with the highest quality experience.
- Proficient with computers and technology with knowledge of MS Office Tools and Mortware mortuary, EDRS computer program, to review merchandise options, enter contracts and complete necessary forms.
- Ensures proper paperwork, including permits, certificates, and obituaries and completed timely and in accordance with relevant laws, regulations and deadlines.
- Being accountable for one’s actions and results.
- Develop your own procedure involving your time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills. Be ahead of your deadline.
Non-discrimination Policy Statement: Bachman Hebble Funeral Service does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disabled veteran, Vietnam-era veteran or disability when hiring or providing services.
Bachman Hebble Funeral Service Inc.
223 North Bedford Road
Battle Creek, MI 49037