Click on a city below to jump to the listing, or scroll down to view all opportunities.
FD = Funeral Director E = Embalmer MGR = Manager AD = Administrative A = Apprentice or Intern
General Manager, Albuquerque, NM
French Funerals & Cremations, Albuquerque, NM, is looking for a General Manager that is passionate about the funeral industry and looking to join a company that is willing to push the traditional views of funeral service. The General Manager will oversee the funeral division with multiple locations helping improve operations, coach and develop team members all while continuing to focus on serving the families with excellence and integrity.
About Us: French Funerals & Cremations, Albuquerque’s largest and oldest family-owned funeral and cremation service, was founded by Chester T. French in 1907. Although 112 years old, we pride ourselves on being progressive and innovative in an industry that is quickly evolving to help serve our community for years to come. Our mission is to honor and remember EVERY life. Our employees truly make this mission a reality by their dedication to serve and supporting our values: respect, integrity and passion.
French Funerals & Cremations believes in fostering a healthy work environment and work-life balance. We strive to support our employees by providing a robust benefits packet, paid-time off, above-average salaries and a solid work schedule. French Funerals & Cremations has been honored to be recognized as a Top Workplace for the past three years.
Position Summary: The General Manager of the funeral division is primarily responsible for directing all funeral home branches for French Funerals & Cremations and direct all professional support and ancillary services in keeping with established standards and practices.
Candidates must be a licensed Funeral Director and have five to seven years of previous effective funeral director and management experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Management experience of multiple locations is ideal.
Candidates will also have experience in training, mentoring, coaching to enhance staff skills and promote their professional development.
Compensation is very competitive, and the benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Gym Membership, 401(k), Paid-Time Off and more.
For more details or to apply, please visit www.frenchfunerals.com/career-opportunities
French Funerals & Cremations
1111 University Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Funeral Service Intern, Richmond, VA
Joseph W. Bliley Company, Inc., Richmond, VA, is a family owned and operated business dedicated to serving our community by celebrating every life with honor and respect. We have three locations in the Richmond area. Our Associates are the heart and soul of the company. A caring and compassionate culture is essential in achieving our mission. Associates are provided with opportunities for growth and development; and you can expect to be recognized and rewarded for your accomplishments. Opportunities for advancement are provided.
A successful funeral service intern candidate will hold an associates’ degree in mortuary science or currently be working towards a degree in mortuary science. The candidate must also have a high degree of sensitivity, compassion, and caring for families experiencing a loss. Main responsibilities include:
- assisting licensed staff in the Care Center learning all aspects of the embalming process and related areas
- assisting the Funeral Director with gatherings, ceremonies and arrangement conferences and
- learning all aspects of the services we provide to families and their friends
Richmond, Virginia, is fantastic place to live. It is the site of world-class museums, a vibrant food scene, and a wide array of entertainment options from concerts and theater performances to family-friendly festivals. In addition to the bustling urban center, the Richmond metro area includes suburban areas in the counties of Chesterfield, Hanover and Henrico and rural areas in Goochland and Powhatan.
Apply today to work in a fantastic city for a family owned business that has been in existence since 1874. This is a full-time position. Base pay will be $14 per hour. Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Joseph W. Bliley Company, Inc.
3801 Augusta Avenue
Richmond, VA 23230
Funeral Director, Richmond, VA
Joseph W. Bliley Company, Inc., Richmond, VA, is seeking a Funeral Director. Bliley’s is a family-owned and operated business dedicated to serving our community by celebrating every life with honor and respect. We have three locations in the Richmond area. Our Associates are the heart and soul of the company. A caring and compassionate culture is essential in achieving our mission. Associates are provided with opportunities for growth and development, and you can expect to be recognized and rewarded for your accomplishments. Opportunities for advancement are provided.
A successful candidate will be a licensed funeral director who has a high degree of sensitivity, compassion and caring for families experiencing a loss. Main responsibilities include funeral planning with families, directing funeral/memorial services, and follow through with families to create a positive experience with our firm. We are known nationally as a leader for our approach to Ritualizing the Cremation experience for families, and it is expected for you to embrace this approach in serving our Community.
Richmond, Virginia, is a fantastic place to live. It is the site of world-class museums, a vibrant food scene and a wide array of entertainment options from concerts and theater performances to family-friendly festivals. In addition to the bustling urban center, the Richmond metro area includes suburban areas in the counties of Chesterfield, Hanover, and Henrico, and rural areas in Goochland and Powhatan.
Apply today to work in a fantastic city for a family-owned business that has been in existence since 1874. Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Joseph W. Bliley Company, Inc.
3801 Augusta Avenue
Richmond, VA 23230
Full-Time Licensed Embalmer/Funeral Director, Battle Creek, MI
Bachman Hebble Funeral Service Inc., Battle Creek, MI, is seeking a full-time, licensed Embalmer/Funeral Director. The major qualifications are to provide the highest quality services and products that can satisfy the needs of all client families and always strive to exceed the expectations of the families. The Funeral Director/Embalmer is responsible for creating a positive first impression whether over the phone, responding to a death call or at the funeral home. That person will follow tried and true company standards of courtesy while portraying grace and kind actions. The Funeral Director/ Embalmer must treat the deceased with the utmost reverence and dignity. Position includes on-call rotation hours that include evenings, weekends and holidays. He/She will be responsible for embalming and preparing of the deceased (dressing, cosmetology, casketing, fingernails and hair). This position interacts directly with client families during their time of need and is responsible for maintaining a premier level of client family satisfaction. This position is for a person who wants to live in the Battle Creek area.
- Michigan funeral director’s license
- Proficient in body preparations & casketing with an eye for detail.
- Schedule and coordinate funerals, burials, and cremations in a timely manner.
- The physical ability for occasional lifting, pushing and pulling with assistance, of objects up to approximately 400 pounds.
- Works on-call in rotation as assigned i.e. phone, face to face, at the hospital, hospice or residence.
- Initial transfers of deceased, embalms, dresses, cosmetology, caskets and prepares deceased following instructions from the family.
- Develop methods to collect funds at the time of arrangement conference. Maintain financial records, order merchandise and prepare accounts.
- Assist with displaying flower arrangements and plants.
- Respectful and safe handling of office equipment, autos, and physical building.
- Direct preparations and shipment of human remains for out-of-state burial.
- Discuss and negotiate funerals with clients and keep accurate records of pre-funded used arrangements.
The company conducts pre-employment drug screening and a background check and there is a 90-day probationary period.
- Clean driving and clean criminal record.
- Able to pass drug screening.
- Caring and compassionate demeanor.
Revolutionizing the funeral industry means blazing new trails, creating new ideas, developing strong relationships, preserving legacies and our history.
- Models and demonstrates a positive attitude, maintaining open and effective communication in a harassment-free work environment. Team player.
- Be prepared to present all services and merchandise options.
- Always be mindful to increase market share through participation in community events, groups and/or organizations. Develop community relationships as assigned by your supervisors.
- Carry out other projects/duties as assigned i.e. car washing, building/equipment repair, and gardening.
- Oversees each team member participating in services, ensuring that each member understands their individual role and is professionally representing the location.
- Meets with client families to listen, educate and arrange personalized funeral services and pre-need services, culminating with the highest quality experience.
- Proficient with computers and technology with knowledge of MS Office Tools and Mortware mortuary, EDRS computer program, to review merchandise options, enter contracts and complete necessary forms.
- Ensures proper paperwork, including permits, certificates, and obituaries and completed timely and in accordance with relevant laws, regulations and deadlines.
- Being accountable for one’s actions and results.
- Develop your own procedure involving your time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills. Be ahead of your deadline.
Non-discrimination Policy Statement: Bachman Hebble Funeral Service does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disabled veteran, Vietnam-era veteran or disability when hiring or providing services.
Bachman Hebble Funeral Service Inc.
223 North Bedford Road
Battle Creek, MI 49037
Licensed Embalmer, Funeral Director, or Qualified Intern; Des Moines, IA
Iles Funeral Homes, Des Moines, IA, has an immediate opening for a full-time Care Team Embalmer, Funeral Director, or Qualified Intern.
The major objectives are to provide the highest quality services and products and to satisfy the needs of all client families. The Care Team Embalmer, Funeral Director, or Qualified Intern will focus their talents on decedent care. The Funeral Director / Embalmer is responsible for creating a positive first impression whether it is over the phone, responding to a death call, or at the funeral home. He/She will follow company standards by initiating chain of custody, personal effects documentation, etc. while making removals. He/she will be responsible for embalming and preparing the bodies of the deceased (dressing, cosmetology, casketing and hair) for viewing and services and crematory operations. The Embalmer / Funeral Director or Qualified Intern must treat the deceased with the utmost respect and dignity. Position includes on-call rotation hours that include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Licensed funeral director or qualified intern
- Proficient in body preparation and casketing with an eye for detail
- Good driving record and must provide a current, valid driver’s license
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Physical Ability for occasional lifting, pushing and pulling, with assistance, of objects up to approximately 400 pounds.
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional and team player
- Must be able to follow through on tasks and meet or exceed expectations of client families
- Knowledge of all mortuary science laws, rules and regulations at both at the State and Federal level including FTC regulations, OSHA regulations, MERTKA and Bloodborne Pathogen rules.
- It is required that Iles employees demonstrate commitment to the mission and vision, maintain effective communication, exhibit teamwork, respect diversity, follow policies and procedures, maintain confidentiality of all client families and organizational information, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, observe safety and security procedures, be consistently punctual and dependable, actively participate in performance improvement activities and continually demonstrate behavioral expectations and core values.
Iles Funeral Homes is committed to providing excellent service to client families. We define excellence by arranging meaningful and unique services that honor and celebrate the life of the decedent including compassionate care and preparation of the decedent. We believe that delivering on our service promise is critical to our long-term success. We are looking for like-minded funeral directors who will represent us and help us achieve our goals.
We offer a stable schedule, competitive salary (commiserate with experience), and an attractive benefits package including Paid Vacation, Medical, Denta, and Life Insurance Options, Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Plan With Employer Match, Cell Phone Reimbursement, Wellness Program, EOE
Please include a cover letter stating why you would be a good fit for this position. Absolutely no phone calls, please!
Iles Funeral Homes – six locations in the greater Des Moines, IA, area
Licensed Funeral Director, San Antonio, TX
Porter Loring Mortuaries, San Antonio, TX, has a full-time position available, primarily responsible to provide professional funeral services to client families. Duties include taking first calls, occasionally making removals, arranging and directing of funeral services, transportation of personnel and equipment, vehicles and facility maintenance, while maintaining optimum levels of customer relations and satisfaction. The work schedule includes 40 hours a week working various shifts per week and every other weekend off. No night calls.
For full details of this opportunity, to send a resume, or to apply for the position, click here.
- The starting pay will be commensurate with experience.
- annual performance review
- quarterly bonus
- commission opportunities
- health benefits
- 401(k) plan
Must possess education and license requirements for Licensed Funeral Director in the state of Texas. Three years minimum experience preferred. Must exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills including interpersonal, organization, and telecommunications. Possession of a valid driver’s license required with an insurable driving record. Physical Requirements include lifting and carrying up to 150 pounds and pushing/pulling up to 250 pounds. The company conducts pre-employment drug screening and a background check and there is a 90-day probationary period.
Porter Loring Mortuaries
1101 McCullough Ave, San Antonio, TX 78212
2102 North Loop 1604 East, San Antonio, TX 78232
Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer, Bluffton, SC
Sauls Funeral Home of Bluffton and Ridgeland, SC, has a position available for a Licensed Funeral Director and Embalmer. Old line family firm serving 600 families yearly. Individual must be compassionate, motivated, eager to work, and community-oriented. Contact Martin Sauls at 843-305-0139.
Sauls Funeral Home
90 Simmonsville Rd., Bluffton, SC 29910
310 W. Adams St., Ridgeland, SC 29936
Full-Time Funeral Director/Embalmer, Fort Pierce, FL
Haisley Funeral & Cremation Service in Fort Pierce, FL, is a past-paced, family-owned and operated funeral home and crematory seeking a full-time funeral director/embalmer. Some requirements include:
- A caring and compassionate, detail-oriented individual
- A valid Florida Funeral Director/Embalmers license (embalming proficiency a must)
- A valid driver’s license
- Up-to-date computer skills
We offer a competitive salary with benefits, including a 401(k), Health Insurance, PTO, clothing and cell phone allowance. We have a rotating on-call and weekend schedule. For more information or to submit a resume contact Quinn Haisley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 772-461-5211.
Haisley Funeral & Cremation Service
3015 Okeechobee Rd., Fort Pierce, FL 34947
Funeral Director/Intern, Red Wing, MN
Mahn Family Funeral Home wants you to start your career with a team of innovative funeral professionals at a family-owned funeral home in southeastern Minnesota. Located in the Rochester area, Mahn Family Funeral Home has an immediate opening for a full-time Minnesota licensed funeral director or intern. Responsibilities would include all aspects of funeral service.
Individual must be a self-motivated person, able to think independently and contribute as part of a team. The position comes with competitive compensation based on experience with a flexible schedule.
Rochester, Livability.com’s No. 1-ranked city on the 2016 Top 100 Best Places to live list, is just 85 miles southeast of Minneapolis and home to the world-renowned Mayo Clinic with plenty of year-round social, community and recreational activities.
- Valid Minnesota Funeral Director/Embalming license
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving history
Responsibilities: Perform any and all duties and responsibilities expected of a professional Funeral Director/Embalmer
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Flexible schedule that includes an attractive on-call rotation, consisting of one night a week and every other weekend
- Paid Vacation
- Retirement Plan
- Health, Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
If seriously interested, email a resume to Joe.Mahn@MahnFamilyFuneralHome.com or call (651) 388-3343. Inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
Thank you for your interest.
Mahn Family Funeral Home
602 Plum Street, Red Wing, MN 55066
Licensed Funeral Director & Part-Time Embalmer, Waco, TX
Wilkirson-Hatch-Bailey Funeral Home, Waco, TX, founded in 1925 and currently under management by the fourth generation, is looking for an experienced Licensed Funeral Director and Embalmer. We are very active on Facebook, so candidates are encouraged to look us up. Waco is 1.5 hours from Dallas/Fort Worth and Austin. Population is 250,000 and home of Baylor University and Magnolia Silos. We are in the Bible belt, so the majority of our services are traditional burials.
Job Requirements: Must have education and license requirements for Funeral Director & Embalmer in the state of Texas. Preferable three years minimum of experience. Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills. A valid driver’s license is required and an insurable driving record is required. A drug test and background check is required prior to employment. Must be able to lift and carry up to 150 pounds and push/pull up to 250 pounds.
Job Summary: This position is full-time and is responsible for providing professional funeral services to client families. The work schedule is 40 hours per week and every other weekend with three days off. The starting pay will be commensurate with experience. Primary duties include:
- Take first calls, make removals, arrange and direct services, transportation of personnel and equipment, perform embalming, dressing, cosmetizing, and casketing.
- Assist with setting up and tearing rooms for services.
- On-call rotation (one night a week and every other weekend).
- Willing to work on nights off and weekends off when we are busy.
- Become knowledgeable of all programs, services, and amenities offered by the funeral home.
- Use appropriate communication skills with family members, visitors, and church staff. Must be able to communicate via texts and emails.
- Proficient in Word and able to learn internal software.
- Assist with displaying flower deliveries.
- Must comply with company policies, procedures, and safety measures.
- Must present (attire) and conducts themselves in a professional and respectable manner.
- Health Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Life and disability Insurance
- Accidental Death Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Clothing allowance
Resume may be sent to Josh Blake. For questions, call 254-753-3691.
Wilkirson-Hatch-Bailey Funeral Home
6101 Bosque Boulevard, Waco, TX 76710
Funeral Director/Embalmer, Rochester, NY
Anthony Funeral & Cremation Chapels and family companies in Rochester, NY, is seeking a Funeral Director/Embalmer to complement our team. Anthony’s was founded in 1952, is family owned and operated, and defined as: family, community, compassion, and value. Our goal is to celebrate life and honor the Journey. We have multiple firms in the Rochester area.
- Possible manager position available depending on experience
- Signing bonus
- Valid Funeral Director/Embalming license
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving history
- Care and compassion
- Available for immediate hire
Responsibilities: Perform any and all duties and responsibilities expected of a professional Funeral Director/Embalmer
- Competitive salary (based on experience and/or intangibles)
- Quarterly performance/profit sharing bonuses (non-guaranteed)
- 401(k) plan profit sharing
- Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Relocation assistance
If seriously interested, email a resume to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest.
Anthony Funeral & Cremation Chapels
2305 Monroe Ave., Rochester, NY 14618
Licensed Funeral Director or Intern, St.Paul, MN
O’Halloran & Murphy Cremation and Funeral Services, St. Paul, MN, is looking for a person with a Minnesota funeral directors or intern license or a license in a state that reciprocates with Minnesota for licensure, such as Wisconsin. This position is for a person who wants to live in the Twin Cities area.
We offer a good schedule and better-than-average pay and benefits. Salaries range from $45,000 to $85,000, depending on experience and abilities. We have health insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching contributions, vacation time and personal time off for family events or other needs. We have a wonderful and friendly staff to work with.
There is reimbursement for courses that are funeral, business or technology related and that have some connection to funeral service or business. Email John O’Halloran if you are interested or want more information about the benefits of working at O’Halloran & Murphy.
O’Halloran & Murphy Cremation and Funeral Services
575 S.Snelling Ave, St Paul, MN 55116
Licensed Funeral Director or Intern, Bemidji, MN
Olson-Schwartz Funeral Home & Cremation, Bemidji, MN, a family owned funeral home, is seeking a licensed mortician or intern for immediate hire. This position interacts directly with the client families during their time of need and is expected to assist the current teams in creating and maintaining an exceptional level of family satisfaction. If you like the great outdoors—fishing and hunting—see what the beautiful Northwoods has to offer in Bemidji, a different working environment in the first city on the Mississippi River. If your interest lies in the arts, Bemidji is the cultural center of northern Minnesota and offers unmatched opportunities for both participants and spectators of the visual and performing arts.
- Knowledge Level: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree; Must have the appropriate Minnesota state funeral licensure OR working toward a state license or the ability to reciprocate license from another state
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft software
- Be able to take night calls
- Ability to manage a caseload while creating an extraordinary customer experience
- Knowledge of crematory & cremation regulations or willing to be trained
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task within job responsibilities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Arrange and conduct funeral and memorial ceremonies in a proficient, organized and caring manner and in keeping with company policies
- Ability to multi-task and to be able to handle multiple families at the same time.
We offer a very competitive benefits package! This is a slow-paced environment with ample time to enjoy all Bemidji has to offer—a unique opportunity in the beautiful Northwoods of Minnesota.
Inquiries by phone can be made to 218-751-3159 and resumes can be emailed to Kirk Malkowski.
Olson-Schwartz Funeral Home & Cremation
3330 Irvine Avenue NW, Bemidji, MN 56601