Click on link below to jump to a listing:
- Location Manager, Richmond, VA
- Care Center Manager, Albuquerque, NM
- Licensed Funeral Director, Madison, WI
- Embalmer/Funeral Director, Richmond, IN
- Licensed Funeral Director, San Antonio, TX
- Embalmer, San Antonio, TX
- Funeral Director, Traverse City, MI
- Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer, Erlanger, KY
- Licensed (or soon to be) Funeral Director, Portand, ME
- Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer, Scottsburg, IN
Members of Selected Independent Funeral Homes may purchase listing space on this page by using this link.
Bliley Funeral Homes and Cremation Center is a progressive, fourth-generation, family-owned and operated funeral home serving 1,600 families each year through three locations. We are seeking a Location Manager for our Central Chapel in Richmond.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of Bliley Funeral Homes Central location including scheduling of Associates, upkeep and maintenance required of the building, grounds and automobiles, providing direction, coordination and supervision of full- time as well as part-time Associates.
- Be a resource for all Associates and give support and direction to all Associates.
- Use detailed Client Family Survey data to coach and mentor Funeral Directors, Administrative Assts. and other Associates.
- Manage use of facility as it relates to arrangement conferences, visitations, ceremonies and receptions and the scheduling of these events.
- Communicate with families each day.
- Oversee the placement of deceased persons and check cosmetics and overall appearance of each.
- Lead funeral ceremonies and make arrangements with families when needed.
- Manage and implement facility level operating and capital budgets as well as following up on all past due account receivables.
- Promote Bliley Funeral Homes in the community through active participation in a community service organization as well as additional partnerships throughout the community.
- Promote culture and company vision.
- Work with other Location Mangers to promote company culture and vision.
- 10+ years total work experience
- Licensed Funeral Director, State of Virginia
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent management organizational skills
- Knowledge of funeral merchandising
- Knowledge of cemetery regulations
- Knowledge of crematory & cremation regulations
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task within job responsibilities
- Basic computer and audio/visual skills
- Participation in a community service organization
- Mortuary Science Degree
- Completed Accredited Apprenticeship Program
Interested applicants should contact Ann Jones, CFO and Director of Human Resources, at 804-355-3800 or email@example.com.
Bliley Funeral Homes and Cremation Center
3801 Augusta Avenue, Richmond, VA 23230
French Funerals & Cremations is seeking an experienced, licensed Care Center Manager. This position is responsible for directing the overall operations of the Care Center and the Transfer Team in keeping with established standard and practice:
- Models all the behaviors, skills and techniques established by the French Family of Companies.
- Supervises exempt and nonexempt employees; responsible for staff performance management, training, licenses, OSHA compliance, evaluations, and standards of excellence
- May serve in the role as embalmer as needed.
- Oversees daily operations of the Care Center to ensure care and preparation of decedents comply with state and French standards.
- Ensures embalming procedures are in accordance with the New Mexico Funeral Services Act (NMFSA).
- Supervises the care and preparation of decedents to include embalming, reconstruction, cosmetic application, dressings for casketing and viewing arrangements.
- Collaborates with Funeral Directors to meet the family’s wishes regarding viewing arrangements, funeral services and/or disposition of the body.
Required Education and Experience: Active license and a minimum of five (5) years experience as a licensed Embalmer or Funeral Director.
French Funerals & Cremations, established in 1907, is Albuquerque’s largest and oldest family-owned funeral service company. We are proud to embrace traditional values, diversity, and innovation in honoring the spirit and life of each person we serve. Our mission: honoring and remembering every life. The Care Center operates in a high volume, fast-paced environment serving multiple locations in the Albuquerque MSA. French Funerals & Cremations offers a generous benefits package to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Voluntary Life, Short and Long-term Disability, 401K, holiday pay, sick leave, paid time off, employee wellness program and work-life balance.
French Funerals & Cremations
1111 University Blvd. NE., Albuquerque, NM 87102
Licensed Funeral Director, Madison, WI
Live and work in one of the nation’s top ranked cities! Gunderson Funeral & Cremation Care, Madison, WI, is looking for a creative, caring, and team-oriented funeral director to join its team of professionals. Competitive benefits include health and dental insurance, bonus plan, tuition, clothing and cellphone reimbursement, as well as a creative and flexible schedule. If interested, please contact Mike at 608-221-5420 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Gunderson Funeral & Cremation Care
Madison, Cross Plains, Fitchburg, Lodi, Middleton, Oregon and Stoughton, WI
Embalmer/Funeral Director, Richmond, IN
Doan & Mills Funeral Home, Richmond, and Mills Funeral Home, Centerville, needs an Embalmer/Funeral Director as soon as possible. We are looking for someone who is passionate regarding their embalming work and body preparation. We have always put the utmost importance on body presentation. We are a professional, caring, detail-oriented, positive, and fun group to work with, who place emphasis on providing outstanding service. We are looking for someone who is willing to make a long-term commitment to take on these embalming responsibilities, help in all other areas of funeral service and become active in the Richmond/Centerville communities.
Licensed Funeral Director, San Antonio, TX
Porter Loring Mortuaries, San Antonio, TX, is seeking a full-time Funeral Director. The successful candidate must possess education and license requirements for Licensed Funeral Director. Three years minimum experience preferred. Must exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills including interpersonal, organization and telecommunications. Possession of a valid driver’s license required with an insurable driving record.
This position is primarily responsible to provide professional funeral services to client families. Duties include taking first calls, occasionally making removals, arranging and directing of funeral services, transportation of personnel and equipment, vehicles and facility maintenance, while maintaining optimum levels of customer relations and satisfaction. The work schedule includes 40 hours a week working various shifts per week and every other weekend off. The starting pay will be commensurate with experience. The company conducts pre-employment drug screening and a background check, and there is a 90-day probationary period.
Porter Loring Mortuaries is San Antonio’s oldest family-owned funeral home still operating under the same family management. Simply put, this concept of “family” guides us in every part of our operation. We’re currently in our fourth generation of active management by the Porter Loring family. We make it our policy to treat our staff the same way we would other members of our family. But most important is the impact this attitude has on our relationship with you—and with all the families who turn to us in time of need.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Porter Loring Mortuaries
1101 McCullough, San Antonio, TX 78212
Embalmer, San Antonio, TX
Porter Loring Mortuaries, San Antonio, TX, also is seeking an Embalmer. The successful candidate should excel in three primary areas of competence:
- Customer Focus. The ideal Porter Loring Mortuaries Embalmer has a high level of customer focus and a high level of dedication to “going the extra mile” to serve our families and all Porter Loring Mortuaries customers. For you, outstanding service is a passion and you inspire and challenge others to the same passion. You treat 100% customer satisfaction as a personal goal and accept no excuses for not achieving that goal.
- Teamwork and Communication. The Embalmer has a strong personal ethic about how to treat others, especially families and fellow employees. You are able to understand and connect with others both one-to-one and in groups. You are dedicated to teamwork and contribute to understanding and effective communication by clearly communicating with others. You are helpful toward and supportive of other staff and consistently show a cooperative attitude.
- Operational Ability. The Embalmer insures that their responsibilities are carried out with such attention to detail that everything is right, in every way, every time. You are effective at achieving high quality and high results.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Porter Loring Mortuaries
1101 McCullough, San Antonio, TX 78212
Funeral Director, Traverse City, MI
Reynolds-Jonkhoff Funeral Home, progressive funeral home in Traverse City, MI, is looking for a funeral director. We will provide training and help in obtaining a Michigan Funeral Directors license if necessary. Qualified applicant must be:
- Committed to exceeding families’ expectations
- A team player
- Possess an enthusiastic attitude and strong work ethic
Company provides excellent benefits including competitive salary, benefits package, 42-hour work week average and positive “work family” environment. Interested and qualified applicants should submit their resume to email@example.com.
Reynolds-Jonkhoff Funeral Home
305 Sixth St., Traverse City, MI 49684
Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer, Erlanger, KY
Linneman Funeral Homes is seeking a Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer to provide the highest quality, professional and efficient funeral services to its client families.
Reports to: Director of Funeral Service Operations
Major Duties include:
- Direct funerals, perform embalming’s, make at-need and pre-need arrangements, prepare for visitations/funerals, work visitations/funerals and escort funerals.
- On-call rotation (one night a week and every other weekend)
- Willing to work on nights off and weekends off when we are busy.
- Be knowledgeable of all programs, services and amenities offered by the funeral home
- Use appropriate communication skills with family members, visitors, and clergy.
- Greet visitors and family; introduces them to the appropriate staff during visitations.
- Remain visible and available at all times during services and visitations
- Greet visitors, determine the purpose of their visit, respond accordingly by directing escorting them to the appropriate room as time and circumstances allow.
- Check with client family members during visitation to ensure all are satisfied
- Maintain the register book, prayer cards, and memorial supplies.
- Participate in the direction and/or delivery of ceremonies and services as needed
- Monitor parking lot activities during services; assist with funeral processions.
- Maintain complete confidentiality, perpetually, concerning any information, circumstances, or facts regarding the deceased or client family.
- Complies with all applicable federal, state and local regulations
- Complies with all Company polices, procedures and safety measures.
- Presents (attire) and conducts himself/herself in a professional and respectable manner.
- Perform routine ground/building maintenance and snow removal
- Assist in cleaning funeral home, running errands, and washing cars
- Completes all training session required by the management of LFH.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Funeral Service Operations or the Owners
- Education: Associates Degree, Kentucky Funeral Directors/Embalmers License
- Experience: More than three years
- Physical: Lift and Carry more than 75 lbs
- Pay: Negotiable
Please email to your resume to AJ@lfhmail.com
Linneman Funeral Homes
30 Commonwealth Ave., Erlanger, KY 41018
Awesome Opportunity in Portland, ME
Conroy-Tully Walker Funeral Homes, a multi-location firm, is offering an exciting employment opportunity for a Licensed Funeral Director or an individual one who will be licensed soon.
Located only 90 minutes from Boston, the area of Greater Portland offers a wonderful quality of life. Set right on the coast, many people enjoy the wonderful beaches, boating and kayaking, and the quant charm of many historic New England towns. Portland is known for its award winning restaurants, breweries, art galleries and unique shops. For those who prefer the outdoors to city life, Portland is located roughly 30 minutes away from excellent hiking, hunting and fishing.
Conroy-Tully Walker Funeral Homes has a reputation for providing top-notch quality service. Established in 1959, our firm serves nearly 300 families a year. As a full service funeral home, we offer an amazing opportunity to learn and grow in every aspect of our profession. The right candidate will be responsible for preparation and embalming, removals, arrangements, directing funerals, and general funeral home duties.
We require our employees to have a desire to offer personalized services while maintaining the strictest standards of integrity and respect. Your opinions, suggestions and ideas will be respected in our team oriented culture. An excellent attitude and an eagerness to learn is more important than experience.
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service and outstanding care to each family we serve.
- Ability to create personalized tributes.
- A positive attitude and commitment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient embalming/preparation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Professional appearance.
- Availability to work an on-call rotation.
- Personal commitment to integrity and professionalism.
Because we expect our employees to exceed the expectations of our client families, we offer excellent compensation, full benefits with paid time off, and a great work/life balance. Housing is available if required and would be built in to the compensation package.
Conroy-Tully Walker Funeral Homes
172 State Street, Portland, ME
Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer – Scottsburg, IN
- Removals, which includes working with family members and Medical Examiner.
- Follow company standards by initiating chain of custody, personal effects documentation, etc. while making removals.
- Perform embalming and cosmetology
- Dress and position remains in casket or alternative container and deliver to visitation area if requested by client family.
- Direct casket bearers in placement and removal of casket to and from funeral coach, chapel or other place of service and interment location.
- Arrange and coordinate shipment of remains to and from other cities and localities.
- Counsel with and advise client families to arrange funerals, and supervise funeral service activities
- Coordinate all service arrangements and details with clergy and other individuals or groups who may participate in the funeral service.
- Lead funeral procession from place of service to interment site.
- Supervise and assist with visitation by ushering and directing families and visitors of deceased to and from visitation area and where services are conducted.
- Arrange family automobiles in the funeral procession in accordance with the client family’s wishes.
- Ensure that all employees participating in a given funeral service are performing their assigned functions and in place at designated times.
- Assist with pre-arranging client families with requested service arrangements, selection of funeral merchandise and other products, and financial arrangements.
- Participate in community activities and events, such as civic or fraternal organizations as a part of local promotional and outreach efforts.
- Indiana funeral license or ability to reciprocate
- Embalming experience
- Valid drivers license
- Excellent work history and good driving record
- Previous customer service and/or sales experience is a definite asset.
- Knowledge of computers and some software, or willingness to learn, is an asset,
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Professional and team player
- Competitive Salary based on experience and ability
- Employee Medical Insurance
- Medical Reimbursement Plan
- Paid Vacation Time Off
Email resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collins Funeral Home
465 W. McClain Ave., Scottsburg, IN 47170