Click on link below to jump to a listing:
- Licensed (or soon to be) Funeral Director, Portand, ME
- Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer, Scottsburg, IN
- Funeral Director/Intern – Twin Cities, MN Area
Awesome Opportunity in Portland, ME
Conroy-Tully Walker Funeral Homes, 172 State Street, Portland, ME, a multi-location firm, is offering an exciting employment opportunity for a Licensed Funeral Director or an individual one who will be licensed soon.
Located only 90 minutes from Boston, the area of Greater Portland offers a wonderful quality of life. Set right on the coast, many people enjoy the wonderful beaches, boating and kayaking, and the quant charm of many historic New England towns. Portland is known for its award winning restaurants, breweries, art galleries and unique shops. For those who prefer the outdoors to city life, Portland is located roughly 30 minutes away from excellent hiking, hunting and fishing.
Conroy-Tully Walker Funeral Homes has a reputation for providing top-notch quality service. Established in 1959, our firm serves nearly 300 families a year. As a full service funeral home, we offer an amazing opportunity to learn and grow in every aspect of our profession. The right candidate will be responsible for preparation and embalming, removals, arrangements, directing funerals, and general funeral home duties.
We require our employees to have a desire to offer personalized services while maintaining the strictest standards of integrity and respect. Your opinions, suggestions and ideas will be respected in our team oriented culture. An excellent attitude and an eagerness to learn is more important than experience.
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service and outstanding care to each family we serve.
- Ability to create personalized tributes.
- A positive attitude and commitment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient embalming/preparation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Professional appearance.
- Availability to work an on-call rotation.
- Personal commitment to integrity and professionalism.
Because we expect our employees to exceed the expectations of our client families, we offer excellent compensation, full benefits with paid time off, and a great work/life balance. Housing is available if required and would be built in to the compensation package.
Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer – Scottsburg, IN
- Removals, which includes working with family members and Medical Examiner.
- Follow company standards by initiating chain of custody, personal effects documentation, etc. while making removals.
- Perform embalming and cosmetology
- Dress and position remains in casket or alternative container and deliver to visitation area if requested by client family.
- Direct casket bearers in placement and removal of casket to and from funeral coach, chapel or other place of service and interment location.
- Arrange and coordinate shipment of remains to and from other cities and localities.
- Counsel with and advise client families to arrange funerals, and supervise funeral service activities
- Coordinate all service arrangements and details with clergy and other individuals or groups who may participate in the funeral service.
- Lead funeral procession from place of service to interment site.
- Supervise and assist with visitation by ushering and directing families and visitors of deceased to and from visitation area and where services are conducted.
- Arrange family automobiles in the funeral procession in accordance with the client family’s wishes.
- Ensure that all employees participating in a given funeral service are performing their assigned functions and in place at designated times.
- Assist with pre-arranging client families with requested service arrangements, selection of funeral merchandise and other products, and financial arrangements.
- Participate in community activities and events, such as civic or fraternal organizations as a part of local promotional and outreach efforts.
- Indiana funeral license or ability to reciprocate
- Embalming experience
- Valid drivers license
- Excellent work history and good driving record
- Previous customer service and/or sales experience is a definite asset.
- Knowledge of computers and some software, or willingness to learn, is an asset,
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Professional and team player
- Competitive Salary based on experience and ability
- Employee Medical Insurance
- Medical Reimbursement Plan
- Paid Vacation Time Off
Email resume and references to email@example.com.
Funeral Director/Intern – Twin Cities, MN Area
Start your career with a team of innovative funeral professionals at a family owned funeral home in southeastern Minnesota. Centrally located between the Twin Cities and Rochester, Mahn Family Funeral Home in Red Wing has an immediate opening for a full time Minnesota licensed funeral director or intern. Responsibilities would include all aspects of funeral service. Individual must be a self-motivated person, able to think independently and contribute as a part a team.
This position comes with competitive compensation based on experience, with a flexible schedule that includes an attractive on-call rotation, consisting of one night a week and every other weekend, paid vacation, retirement plan, and health, dental and vision issuance. Red Wing is a historic, scenic, river town offering, plenty of year round social, community and recreational activities including, hiking, fishing, music in the park, winter and summer festivals, locally owned restaurants, coffee shop, wineries and a microbrewery.
Please email your resume to Todd Otteson or call (651) 388-3343 and ask for Todd or Joe Mahn. Inquiries will be kept strictly confidential. Interviews and coffee breaks may include doughnuts from Red Wing’s award winning bakery.
Mahn Family Funeral Home
602 Plum Street, Red Wing, MN