Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- You must currently be enrolled and attending classes (in-person or online) on a full-time basis at an accredited Mortuary Science Program.
- You cannot be related in any manner to an owner of a funeral home currently operating in North America.
- You must be able to provide proof of the following:
- You have previously worked full-time in at least one career other than funeral service and that funeral service will be a new career for you.
- Tuition and fees owed and any financial assistance you have already or are currently receiving.
- What mortuary sciences courses you have completed to date and what courses in which you are currently enrolled.
- Your current Mortuary Science GPA.
- You must complete and sign the online application form and submit all the required documents by the deadline identified.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a completed online application on or before May 31 (for the Spring cycle) or October 31 (for the Fall cycle) each year. The application includes:
- A completed and attached Coursework and GPA Assessment Form
- A completed and attached Financial Needs Assessment Form
- An essay which identifies why you need or want this scholarship and documents your previous employment
- A letter of recommendation from faculty
- A letter of recommendation from current or previous employer, if applicable
Go to our Online Scholarship Application system to preview the process or begin your application.
Our Latest Recipients: Spring 2019
Recipients from Fall 2019
Recipients from Spring 2018
“After seeing the care the funeral director showed my grandfather who died while in hospice care in our home, it felt like a sign,” said Bruce Badoni. “The funeral profession overlaps so many subjects such as anatomy, physiology, law, finance, customer service and so on. I absolutely love it and could not imagine doing anything else.”