Funded by Donations
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- You must currently be enrolled and attending classes (in-person or online) on a full-time basis at an accredited Mortuary Science Program.
- You cannot be related in any manner to an owner of a funeral home currently operating in North America.
- You must be able to provide proof of the following:
- You have previously worked full-time in at least one career other than funeral service and that funeral service will be a new career for you.
- Tuition and fees owed and any financial assistance you have already or are currently receiving.
- What mortuary sciences courses you have completed to date and what courses in which you are currently enrolled.
- Your current Mortuary Science GPA.
- You must complete and sign the attached application and submit it with the additional information listed by the deadline identified.
How to Apply
- A signed and dated Application Form
- Official Transcripts from your current mortuary science program or a letter from your current mortuary science program director or registrar which includes:
- Verification you are enrolled full-time in an accredited Mortuary Science Program;
- List of coursework completed and currently taking; and,
- Your overall GPA for this program
- Current Tuition and fees owed, as well as any financial assistance received.
- A Two-Page Essay which demonstrates the following:
- Why you need or want this scholarship.
- Your previous employment or career including the time frame.
- Employment (current or historical) with an independently-owned funeral home. Please share to the fullest extent of that involvement and your expectations for future employment in this profession upon graduation.
- Your previous career experience and during what time-frame.
- Your desire to work in the independent funeral service profession as a new career choice and what led you to make this career change. Include your future aspirations within independent funeral service.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation:
- One from a current member of the faculty of the mortuary science program at which the applicant is enrolled.
- One from a current or previous employer. If the applicant is currently or has previously been employed by an independent funeral home, it is highly recommended that this second letter of recommendation be provided by that source.
Apply Now Online or By Mail
To apply online, attach your application form and your application essay documents (as described above) to the form below, and send to us.
To apply by email, send your documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by mail, send your documents to:
Selected Educational Trust
500 Lake Cook Road, Suite 205
Deerfield, IL 60015
(Allow time for delivery.)