Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- You must currently be enrolled and attending classes (in-person or online) on a full-time basis at an accredited Mortuary Science Program.
- You cannot be related in any manner to an owner of a funeral home currently operating in North America.
- You must be able to provide proof of the following:
- You have previously worked full-time in at least one career other than funeral service and that funeral service will be a new career for you.
- Tuition and fees owed and any financial assistance you have already or are currently receiving.
- What mortuary sciences courses you have completed to date and what courses in which you are currently enrolled.
- Your current Mortuary Science GPA.
- You must complete and sign the online application form and submit all the required documents by the deadline identified.
How to Apply
- A completed and attached Coursework and GPA Assessment Form
- A completed and attached Financial Needs Assessment Form
- An essay which identifies why you need or want this scholarship and documents your previous employment
- A letter of recommendation from faculty
- A letter of recommendation from current or previous employer, if applicable
Go to our Online Scholarship Application system to preview the process or begin your application.
Our Latest Recipients, Fall 2018: Carie Burns-Smith and Wesley Waddle
Recipients from Spring 2018: Bruce Badoni and Tracie Tweet
“After seeing the care the funeral director showed my grandfather who died while in hospice care in our home, it felt like a sign,” said Bruce Badoni. “The funeral profession overlaps so many subjects such as anatomy, physiology, law, finance, customer service and so on. I absolutely love it and could not imagine doing anything else.”