The Selected Leadership Academy offers a unique and rewarding opportunity for members interested in developing leadership skills. Available exclusively to Selected members, the Academy promises to engage and grow participants through interactive conference calls, personal coaching calls and face-to-face experiences over a two-year structured curriculum.
The scholarship recipient will receive free tuition for their entire two-year term in the Selected Leadership Academy (a $4,290 value). In addition, the recipient will receive $300 each year to help cover the cost of books, fees and other program-related expenses. All other expenses and arrangements related to participating in the Selected Leadership Academy will be the responsibility of the recipient. The total estimated value of this scholarship at the end of two years is $4,890.
How to Apply for this Scholarship
Download and complete the Application Form.
You Also Need to Provide:
- Personal Essay – Please submit a separate document in essay format which includes a personal Statement (up to 250 words) introducing yourself and stating why you feel you deserve this scholarship. Help us understand how your participation in the Selected Leadership Academy would benefit you and your firm.
- Letter of Reference – Include at least one letter of professional reference from a majority owner of your firm highlighting your current role and contributions, his/her recommendation of your participation in the Academy and his/her commitment to provide you the flexibility, funding and support necessary to complete the two-year program commitment.
Requirements & Details
- Completed scholarship applications must be received by the Selected Educational Trust no later than January 31, 2019.
- Applicant must currently be employed full-time at a firm maintaining membership in Selected Independent Funeral Homes.
- Completed scholarship applications must be received by the Selected Educational Trust no later than January 31.
- Only fully completed and signed applications will be considered.
- The Selected Educational Trust Board of Trustees will announce the recipient no later than March 1.
- The two-year tuition will be paid directly to Selected Independent Funeral Homes on behalf of the recipient. The $300 annual stipend to help cover expenses will be paid to the recipient. All other fees/expenses, such as books, fees, travel, lodging, food, internet, phone, etc., are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
- This scholarship is non-transferrable.
- The recipient must submit the separate Selected Leadership Academy Enrollment Form for final approval. NOTE: Academy classes are limited to a maximum of 15 participants. Only one spot will be held for the scholarship recipient. Applicants who would like to be enrolled in the class regardless of scholarship results should submit the Academy Enrollment Form as soon as possible to secure a spot in the class. If chosen as the scholarship recipient, paid tuition will be reimbursed.
- Scholarships are awarded on an equal-opportunity basis among eligible applicants. The Selected Educational Trust does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Apply Now Online, By Email or Regular Mail
To apply online, attach your personal essay and letter of reference documents (as described above) to the form below,
Selected Leadership Academy Scholarship
Selected Educational Trust
500 Lake Cook Road, Suite 205
Deerfield, IL 60015
(Allow time for delivery by January 31, 2019.)